Family Bonding in Escala Tagaytay

For our special family bonding activity this summer, we decided to spend a night in Tagaytay. Last weekend was filled with fun memories, most were because of our amazing stay in Escala Tagaytay. So as promised in my previous post, here’s my review.

Discovering Escala

I was looking for staycation packages last March when I heard about Escala Tagaytay. I saw posts from Facebook featuring the hotel’s amazing view. I was captivated by the unique design that the hotel had. It showcased floor to glass ceilings upon entrance and offered amazing views for all of their rooms. This was very intriguing to me. I’m all about trying new hotels also that’s why I immediately looked for their website to check out their rates.

To my surprise they had special introductory rates offer for their rooms. I immediately consulted with E if we can book a room there. I shared with him that it can be our celebration for Mother’s Day and his birthday. At first, he was hesitant but with my charm, I was able to make him say yes. After receiving his confirmation, I booked a deluxe room for an overnight stay with buffet breakfast for P4,900 (USD 109). Now if you check their rates a deluxe room would cost you P7,000 (USD 155).

I also liked that it was situated right next to Sky Ranch ( a mini theme park in Tagaytay). We can drop by for meals and after to try some kid friendly rides with Bunny.

Luxury and Child-friendly Rooms

Upon reaching the hotel, we were warmly welcomed by their staff. I was immediately impressed with their interior design. Each detail was well thought off. There was a sense of continuity in the design of their lobby. Upon arriving you will already see what they have to offer: the view of Taal and their infinity pool.

18870427_10212918297934900_961767988_o

Even my little girl was impressed with the view. Bunny instantly noticed their pool and started asking us if she can go swimming! I had to tell her that we had to settle in first in our room. Fortunately, she agreed and we proceeded to our room after checking in.

When I opened the door to our room we were welcomed with a spacious room – good enough to fit 4 adults. Even though the capacity said that max is 3 adults you can squeeze in one more! Each deluxe room had one queen bed and one single bed, a veranda with a view of the infinity pool, coffee and tea set, hot and cold shower, Wi-Fi connection, and cable TV.

18818006_10212918297214882_261569166_o

18836338_10212918297654893_418659145_o

18817972_10212918297094879_2013241222_o

18870574_10212918297134880_119333189_o 18838295_10212918297174881_773334260_o

18838301_10212918297734895_1616935567_o

18836338_10212918297654893_418659145_o

If you are travelling with a toddler like us I can assure you that their rooms are child-friendly. Bunny loved the carpeted floors and our veranda. She was smiling the entire time that we were there.

The Amenities

Aside from the room guests can also use their infinity pool and access their restaurant. The infinity pool was not that deep and had a section for kids. I guess they also thought of catering to families when they conceptualised the hotel.

My only comment for their pool is that it has no heater. It’s usually cold in Tagaytay so guests do expect the water to be warmer.

18838463_10212918297814897_408848167_o

18836414_10212918297854898_301768976_o

Included in our package was buffet breakfast for two. We were told upon checking in that we will be dining al fresco in their restaurant in the morning. However, a wedding reception was scheduled so our breakfast was transferred to their other function room. This was a bit of a downer for me because the al fresco area offered a better view. Fortunately, their function room also had a good view and the breakfast buffet served was good (I recommend their tapa paired with garlic rice).

18817583_10212918298014902_2086174088_o

18836475_10212918297974901_1580264288_o

18836565_10212918298174906_1447553772_o

If you want to get a massage, they also offer on call massage. This will cost you anywhere between P1000-P2000 (USD 22 – 45). I didn’t avail of this anymore because Bunny might find it weird when I woman comes in to massage me (silly thought in my head).

The Verdict

Overall, I highly recommend Escala Tagaytay. It’s a perfect venue for couples, friends, and families to bond and enjoy each other’s company. You get your money’s worth with the spacious rooms, amazing views, and accommodating staff. Interested in reading other detailed reviews like this one? Just click here for more reviews.

I do look forward to visiting them again. Hopefully, I get to dine in the al fresco area and try on a relaxing message when we come back. You can book your rooms through their website at  http://www.escalatagaytay.com/

1. Emily says:

Looks like a lovely place to stay, the pool is gorgeous and I’m sure your little girl loved splashing about in it. Even better you got a bargain! Happy travels.

Agreed! The location was indeed great. I was terrified at first with the infinity pool but when we were there I wanted to savor the view forever!

It was sooo cold! After some time we got used to it but would have been lovelier if they had heated pools!

2. Mary says:

This looks like gorgeous. The view from the pool is majestic! I’d be in there for hours, with my lips turning blue, just taking it all in.

3. Jessica@HappilyHughes says:

Escala Tagaytay is such a gorgeous hotel and what a wonderful place for your family’s staycation. The infinity pool is so beautiful and the view is just amazing. It’s too bad the pool is not heated, perhaps they will remedy that.

4. Esse D says:

Having a 2 year old, I’m always looking for child friendly places to stay on vacation. Not only did the room look amazing, but the infinity pool view is pretty awesome!

5. kathryn Maher says:

Gosh what great value for such an excellent room and facilities.I love the view from the room but the scene from the infinity pool across the horizon was to die for. Amazing!

6. Claudia Krusch says:

Escala Tagaytay looks like a great place to check out. I am always looking for family friendly places to stay.

7. Denay DeGuzman says:

What a gorgeous room. And the infinity pool – wow! I’d love to visit this venue someday. There’s such great beauty to explore in Tagatay. I’m saving up my frequent flyer miles! 🙂

8. Jackie says:

This looks like such a great place. My parents own a property in tagaytay and we go there once in a while. I might have to check this out as I wanted a stay action there. I love that infinity pool but too bad it’s cold.

9. EG III says:

That view looks stunning…I especially love to see it on a clear day. I could just imagine myself relaxing in the infinity pool as time melts by.

10. Jenelyn says:

Great spot and looks kid-friendly! I love the spacious room. And the fact that we’re just from Cavite, it would be a perfect place for our family staycation 🙂

11. Melisa Sanchez says:

What a great fam bonding with this cool and beautiful spot in Tagaytay. I’ve been in Tagaytay too with my family last year pero nag joy ride lang kami nagpapalamig hehehe!

12. Meg Mortega says:

We spent one night in Tagaytay last year to celebrate my and husband’s anniversary. If we would bring the kids there anytime soon, I will surely check Escala. I love the pool in your pic and the room looks so sosyal 😉

13. Above Precious Rubies says:

It does look cool and great! I would love to visit this place. Love that pool, you got a great shot there!! Who doesn’t love Tagaytay, anyway? It’s the nearest Baguio in Manila. Kaso mejo malayo na din from us (Rizal) ♥

14. Elizabeth O. says:

It’s such a lovely place to spend stay in especially for the weekend! I would love to go here and experience this myself.

15. Kati Allan-Balayan says:

Hurray for staycations! I think you hit the jackpot with the price your got considering your room has that view 🙂 And I agree, they should have considered heating the pool (or at least part of it?), lalo na at ang lamig sa Tagaytay.

16. Louisa says:

That’s a beautiful view of the pool but quite scary! I think my knees would turn into jello if I was at that window. It looks like a great place for a weekend getaway of staycation with the family.

17. TweenselMom says:

P4,900 great deal, is that the net price already? The pool will be a downer kasi we tried swimming in another hotel and hindi kami nagenjoy masyado because of the temperature nga. But ang ganda ng view sana talaga.