Hey! How have you been? I’ve been quite busy, juggling work, mom life, and K-dramas. Now I have free time in my hands because I finished watching Goblin: The Lonely Guardian over the weekend, so I can catch up on my backlogs (hurray)!
First up is my App review for Booky Ph. To be honest, I have seen this app featured in other blogs but I keep on forgetting to download it. So when an officemate shared her experience about it, thanks, Ms.Maj, I immediately downloaded it.
What’s In It For You?
So what do you get after downloading this app? Basically, you get discounts and perks in selected establishments and restaurants. This ranges from the likes of La Lola, 8cuts, and Auntie Anne’s to fine dining restos, such as Golden Cowrie, Buddha Bar, and Cocina Peruvia.
You can either receive up to P500 off in your chosen establishment (with a minimum of P1000 spend) or avail of Buy 1 Get 1, in specific establishments and products.
Not bad, eh?
The Actual Booky Experience
I wanted to try it out for myself, so with my officemates, we marched to La Lola during our lunch break. La Lola is near our office since I just work in Five E-com, hence it was the most convenient choice for us.
When we arrived at La Lola, I started fumbling with my phone. I opened the Booky App and preceded to the Buy 1 Get 1 option, please make sure that you are logged in to your account already before using availing any offer. I scrolled down and chose La Lola’s Buy 1 Get 1 offer, 6 pcs Churros Clasicos.
After choosing the Buy 1 Get 1 offer, the digital coupon will appear. You will have 10 minutes to redeem the coupon, so best is to access it when you are ready to order.
I just presented the coupon to the cashier, and my transaction was swiftly processed. Note that when you avail of this coupon, the dip is also included in the Buy 1 Get 1 offer. Our total bill was just P170 (P110 for the Churros and P60 for the dip). We split it in 4, so each one of us just paid P42.5 for 3 pcs of churros each and for the dip!
I haven’t tried booking a table yet through the app, but based on their FAQs you can book up to 30 minutes before seating time but no further than 2 weeks before the actual date.
The Good and The Bad
My overall experience with Booky was great and here are my observations:
- There is a bit of a hassle when you try to register by connecting your account to your Facebook Profile. It was faster when I opted to confirm registration via mobile.
- I was surprised that the registration came with P1000 credits. After browsing through their FAQ the P1000 credits is for your trial of the app. If you want to continue enjoying the perks you need to pay P199 per month (no amount limit).
- For those who will subscribe to Booky Prime, you can only pay via credit card – I guess they have to add other options such as debit cards (not everyone naman kasi has credit card here in Ph)
- For the Buy 1 Get 1 offers, it can only be used once. This is such a downer for me, I hope they can consider unlimited or limited to 2 – 3 in a month.
- There are limited choices available, I hope they can add more resto and/or establishment offers in their app.
So there you have it! My short and succinct review for Booky! Will I use it anytime soon? Maybe, but I think I’ll try the restaurant discount next time.