How To Ring Your Phone Using Google

Remember way back when I wrote about Bunny hiding my phone? We searched for more than an hour for it before E had the brilliant idea of ringing my phone using Google! Even if it was on silent mode it rang in full volume!

This hack is extremely useful especially if you can’t remember where you last placed it or like me your little one hid it.

It is super simple!

screenshot_2016-09-18-19-57-51

You just need to login to your google account and go to android manager (not sure if this will work for ios though). Your mobile numbers will be connected to it and you can automatically see the location if it was turned on when you left it. If not that is still okay you can just select the ring option.

screenshot_2016-09-18-19-58-02

If in case you have two mobiles connected to your phone you can select first which one to ring

screenshot_2016-09-18-19-57-57

When you choose ring your phone will ring even if it is in silent mode aiding you to determine where it is.

Hope this helps!

1. Michi says:

I think, I’ve read that post before. hehehe! Like Momi Berlin, I’m using IOS din but this post is really helpful sa mga makakalimutin na. πŸ™‚

2. Michelle says:

This functionality also exists in iOS, too. I have learned about this when my teammate’s phone was stolen by one of our colleagues from another team. They were able to locate first where the phone’s location is (that’s in a carpark near our office), then they tried ringing it via another apple device and voila! It’s in the thief’s car! Sobrang thrilling ang moment na iyon. But phones nowadays are indeed smartly created. Amazing, noh? πŸ˜€

3. Coi says:

Also did this when I forgot where I put my phone! A friend shared it on facebook, thought it wasn’t true until I did it! Galing nga hehe πŸ™‚

4. Lhourdes Mercadero says:

This one really works,natry na namin to ni hubby.may makulit kase kami na lagi nagtatago ng phone namin. .hehe!

5. Maan says:

I know about this! Buuuut the saddest part is that I learned how to do it a few days after I already lost my phone (early this year). I wish I knew this trick before I left my phone on that restaurant table haha!

6. Janice says:

Oooh I heard about this but this is the first time I’ve read about how to do it. Such a great hack! I’m going to try it out, just in case. Haha!

Thanks for sharing this! Super useful! I think everyone needs this info, not just when trying to locate the phone at home but also when it gets stolen as there is a mode to erase the contents.

8. jared's mum says:

Wow, this is a neat idea especially for forgetful mums like me who has a very mischievous little guy! I will make sure to bookmark this post for future use! Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚