Week 1 MNL Grow Kits

It has been a week almost since my last post. I have a lot of backlog to catch up to and I will get to it one post at a time (promise)!

I am sure a lot of you guys are wondering whatever happened to my MNL Grow Kits. If you’re not quite sure on what I am talking about you can read up on my last post here.

I have 3 kits and I have planted all 3 two Sundays ago (I even experimented on tissue germination for the basil seeds).

13479646_10209603023935122_912839663_n

According to the guide of each kit the germination process takes almost a week. This is why the kits needed to be sealed, yep with the plastic bag using a rubber band.

Screenshot_2016-06-20-13-46-51

Screenshot_2016-06-20-13-46-43

Screenshot_2016-06-20-13-46-37

I wasn’t able to take pictures day by day but I’ll share below the photos of what I have.

The sprouts started coming out for Basil after 4 days, hot pepper after 5 days, and sunflower after 7 days.

Basil

June 24

20160624_072257

June 25

20160625_093011

June 26

20160626_083412

If you are not patient you might consider throwing the kits and giving up on them. Don’t. Just talk to the plants and encourage them to power through. Why? Because not all of the seeds produce sprouts.
20160626_083444Not kidding you there. For my sunflower kit I planted 2 seeds and only one powered through germination. Now this is not the fault of the grow kits but merely part of plant life. Think of it as the strongest one surviving.

Now that I am done with step 1 aka germination I will move on to step 2. Step 2 is about removing the weaker sprouts which I’ll be able to determine when the 4th leaf comes.

What I observed though, due to tissue germination and planting using the kits, the soil included seems to be made of good stuff. I had taller sprouts and stronger looking ones from the ones I planted in the coco husks versus those I germinated through the tissue.

Will update you again when I am done with Step 2 and move on to Step 3.

Again you can buy your own MNL Grow Kits by visiting their site or their fb page. Happy growing and planting!

This entry was posted in review.

1. Sheri says:

This is nice and I am excited to see how they will turn out. It is a process but nice to watch. I have sunflowers in my garden and they grow nicely.Sometime from one day to the next they grow so fast and in the end they are taller than me!

2. Jen says:

I can’t remember the last time I plant. I think it was during my elementary days?? Reading through this blog and knowing about this growing kit made me interested in planting again hihi.

3. Darlene says:

Oh wow! I want to try this though I don’t have a green thumb. I used to buy those seed packs sold in the supermarkets but when I planted them they didn’t grow ha-ha. I still have a dream of having a mini garden.

4. Jose D. Moris @ Technologies Blog says:

This story is so inspiring that I am going to renew my garden. Last year I quieted doing anything in garden since for two years was trying to grow nice domestic tomatoes. Every time it finished with failure because I have issues with bugs. I don’t want to spray tomatoes it with chemicals because I want natural organic tomatoes. I have tried spraying with soda and Nettle juice without success.

5. Joanna says:

That’s pretty cool. I have tried growing basil myself a few times but I never end up using it and it grows so big that it dies soon afterwards. I would try growing peppers though, or a sunflower. Thanks for the ideas.

6. Rowena says:

oooh little sprouts! i love planting but my problem is I have no place to put the plants but I guess this kit is the answer to my problem. Will be looking forward on your next post to see what happens to this sprouts

7. Carola says:

It’s growing quite fast! It is always so nice to see it actually grow and change. Love that. It’s nice to try. And hopefullt it ill keep growing and you will have a nice result.

8. Klaudia says:

Oh , I love that ! PI love “gardening ” , although nowadays gardening happens on my balcony . But I grow all sorts of herbs , at the momnet cherry tomatoes and little peppers. Isn’t it amazing to watch nature doing its “job” ?!

9. Dominic Barrios says:

We were discussing this with my friends in the community. These days, it’s really convenient to grow plants (fruits and veggies) on your backyard. They don’t need to buy stuff from the grocery store. So this is such a great idea. If you decide to go full time with this, you can grow your own fertilizers too.

That’s so true. It really is more convenient to grow plants on our own now. Might not go full time though since it will really require a bigger piece of land to plant in, but maybe one of these days I will!