Toddler Tales #1: The Case of the Missing Phone

Yesterday I was out the whole day, I had to attend an event for my new job (more on this on my next post).

13507234_10209634306117157_1704488137304210718_n

Bunny was left with my aunt who looks after her ever since I started going back to work after my maternity leave.

When I get back to the house after our event I just changed and after I started playing with Bunny. Everything was the same even when it came to our bubble play time.

It was time for dinner so I put Bunny in her high chair as we ate together. As usual she finished eating first so I let her go down and play after drinking water. E and I were even discussing a few things during dinner, after I cleaned up and E took a shower.

It was right at this time when I started searching for my phone. I asked my dad if he saw it and he said that I was just using it while siting at the sofa. So of course I searched the sofa, up and down, around, and even in the corners. I cannot find my phone! So I used E’s and called my phone, no ring. This was then that I remembered, I put it in vibrate (of all the times naman na i-vivibrate ko now pa).

E dressed up and decided to help me search for my phone. We searched every corner of the sala, the kitchen, and the rooms. Still no phone. The whole time that we were searching Bunny was just running around going in and out of rooms. This was when I realized that maybe she hid it!

I got down on my knees to see her eye to eye. With a smile I asked her if I can have my phone back, no response. I decided to make it a game and asked her repeatedly to give me my phone back. She took my hand and started walking with me around our house. Still she did not lead me to my phone. I was already ready to go to sleep without my phone when E thought of a way to ring back my phone using Google (will make a detailed post about this later). Using Google my phone rang even if it was on vibrate mode.

Alas we found my phone under the oven toaster.

Learning from this? Never underestimate the power of the toddler in hiding things. Also, when looking for things that they hid always try to think like them and get down on your knees to see what they see. 🙂

13537571_10209636534652869_2437540816960570587_n

1. Coi says:

Hahaha my daughter did the same! My daughter was able to hid my SIL house’s padlock, her phone, her sunglasses, my phone, my husband’s phone and office keys, and even her cousins’ toys. Good thing nakita naman namin lahat! Medyo natagalan nga lang sa padlock and sunglasses! As in weeks! Hahaha! What’s up with the kids and hiding things hahaha

2. Maria says:

You got a naughty one over there! She looks cute even if she’s guilty. But it’s a lesson learned for us also to be mindful of our things especially when there’s a kid around.

3. tina perez says:

oh…. maybe its about time to put a cctv cam inside the room in case she hides another stuff of yours… hahahaa… just kidding though 🙂 she’s such a cute kid

4. Sriparna says:

This is so funny 🙂 kids can be really messing with you to tease you to core… your daughter is one smart kid. I think she just wanted to run around with you since she didn’t see you the whole day; so she also hid your phone, to probably make you realise how much she missed you…

5. Michi says:

I don’t know why kids love to hide stuff, my son loves to hide our remote control. No phone policy yata si baby mo sa bahay. 🙂

6. Berlin says:

First, your little bunny is such a cutie. I think I dont have the heart either to scold her. Second, i agree. Kids are indeed a genius when it comes to hiding things. They would even leave toys inside your bag just as to make you remember them (or so I think). Third, please share that Google ring! That would be a great great help.

7. Rowena Rose Conde says:

Kids now a days thinks that everything is a game. Maybe she thought that you are still playing that’s why she hide it and please share how you rang your phone using google!

8. Ginoel Orejo says:

What a cutie patootie. I remember when my kid cousin hid my phone. I flipped the whole house trying to look for it. We finally found it stuffed inside one of her teddy bears (the ones with the zippers on them.) I thought it was hilarious.

9. Liz A says:

I didn’t know about that Google trick. Will have to read up on that.
    Great tip at the last part. I never let my son get my phone without me on his side so I think I am still safe. But I will keep this tip in mind. 😀

10. Stella the Travelerette says:

Ahaha! I laughed so hard at this story. I’m glad you found your phone. Toddlers do love hiding things. When I taught preschool, we had one student who loved to hide other students’ shoes and socks. When we caught him, he would just yell “SNEAKY! SNEAKY!” and then do it again.

11. Maan says:

Hahaha! Buti naman you found it! My son loves hiding things too — he always hides his aunt’s phone. Good thing he doesn’t hide mine lol

12. Klaudia says:

LOL , funny little bubba 🙂 She is so sweet ! I thought immediately , why are they not just ringing the phone to find out where it is. Yeah of course, if it’s on vibrate , you won’t hear it ringing . That ‘Google trick’ is new to me , looking forward to reading all about that !

13. Leona says:

it’s fun times with the toddler, mine did that before, hiding stuffs, they really do remember where they kept it though if they have intentions to return it to you. i must find out about that google way of finding the phone too.

That’s what I find very interesting, how they tend to remember where they have hidden things. Such funny little creatures. 🙂

14. Nilyn Matugas says:

hahaha! These are the moments we’ll surely treasure forever! I’m glad you found the phone, I must say good job to your daughter, hehe. My son hasn’t tried hiding things yet – I guess? haha.

15. Celin Hiwatig Mendoza says:

Many mommies can relate to that haha! Kids are very playful talaga as in. Kaya ako, my gagets and all, lahat nakatago in one purse na ako lang nakakaalam hihi. But sometimes nakikita padin nila talaga =)

16. marge says:

Hahaha… The kid is naughty! Good thing the phone wasn’t ruined and the she just hid it somewhere. And I’m glad you found your phone in the end. Now I want to know how you ring the phone using google.

17. Eva Rabinovich says:

Sweet. I don’t know why kids do that but I remember when I was 5, I hide my grandfathers set of gardening tools. Few years after my grandpa was broken his new planting spike and was angry and talking about old one which was much better. Then I decided to tell him where it is hidden, he was happy and laughing to me because I hide that shovel and remembered for such long period.

18. ROBERT LEE says:

LOL! Yes, never underestimate toddlers. When my kids were really young, they used to hide the TV remote control. I have two boys, so whoever gets to the remote control hides them. It is such a pain looking for it unlike a mobile phone where I can call and listen for the ringing sound.

19. Carola says:

Hahaha great story. You responded in a great way! I totally freak out when I can’t find my phone. I’m glad you eventually found it. I’ve never known you could let it ring with google. It’s a great tip and I’m going to keep it in mind 🙂

20. Nimi Popat says:

My niece did the same thing last month. But instead of oven she hid it in tub. Gosh… I had to buy a new phone. But still she is my angel. Your baby seems mischievous. Keep the lil naughty and adorable posts coming !!!

21. Princess Mikee says:

Funny story! That’s how I feel when I misplaced my phone too and it was in a vibrate or silent mode. You might want to share the soonest how you did it using google? At least, it was found. 🙂

22. Nicole P says:

we also play hide the cellphone here, but it’s my pamangkin that does it. the sad thing though is she said that she didn’t see it but lo and behold, it was under her pillows on her bed, and there were a bunch of new kiddie games that are installed. kaloka lang. 🙁