It’s Okay Not To Be Okay

As a mom, I want to always be at my best for Bunny. Her best playmate, her best buddy, her best mommy, and the list will go on. At times though I would have my bad days. You know? Days when you just want to stay in one corner, binge watch Grey’s Anatomy and eat popcorn the whole day. Days when you just want to sleep and relax, wake up late and eat.

025edb3c3205e493bff6b447b7268761

Hormones? Maybe, but I know that we all have our off days. Believe me when I say that I had those days before and up until today. Before it was easier, because I didn’t have Bunny factored in. I can just lay back and detach myself from the universe as I recuperate from my off day.

12821541_10208647696092523_5417942001923329245_n

Now it is different, now I still try to be in my best mood when Bunny is around. It is not easy. My patience is shorter and to be honest I end up not being a good mummy. This breaks my heart when I see her pulling up her sad face. I then hate myself for not being in a good mood that day and for hurting her feelings. It is hard, because I only want Bunny to see the best side of me.

20160529_160039

This is a struggle that all moms face, not just me. I realized this when I talk to other moms and when I see posts on Facebook from my other mummy friends. That is why I want to shout out to all the other mummies out there, it is okay not to be okay. It is. You are just human, after all. You have your off days and when you do know that it is okay. Your little bundle of joy will still love you for having an off day. Your little one should know that mummy has an off day because she will learn how to deal with it when it happens to her.

I know this as a fact that even Bunny has an off day. Usually she’s clingier than usual to me or my mom and would not mind anybody. She would lie down the floor or just insist on staying inside our room, or her version of my off day is to watch Elmo’s World and eat puffs. That is why it is okay mummy to not be okay.

13179100_10209315622910276_1146022920438010671_n

Showing her your off days will help her deal with her own off days. Your little one will still love and adore you, just ask the help of your hubby or partner or relative when you have your off day. Just make up for it when you’re feeling better because everything will be just fine.

1. Berlin says:

Thank you for your honesty and encouragement to accept our flaws. Sometimes i would hate myself for being too hard on my boys. Yet they are so responsible at their age but i still expect much from them. I would be a mean mom as well but they would always forgive me. Yes, i am human ang i commit mistakes. I should remind myself that again and again.

2. Zwitsy says:

It’s alright. We all get to experience that one. What’s important is that you manage yourself from not being too emotional towards not being okay. From time to time we get to feel that and it’s pretty normal. If ever you feel that again, better to cry it off. It helps. πŸ™‚

3. ROBERT LEE says:

I am sure you have to go through issues as a young mom raising a little angel. I want you to know that you are absolutely correct. Flaws are a part of life and yes, it is ok not to be ok sometimes. I think mindset has a lot to do to with how you move forward, mindset can either make it easier or harder. πŸ™‚

Thanks Robert! Agree with you that the mindset really will determine whether it will be easy or hard for one to move forward. πŸ™‚

4. Stella the Travelerette says:

It sounds like you have a good perspective. Parents put so much pressure on themselves to be perfect. It is so sad and I think it is not good for either mom or child. Just let your daughter know that you love her because that’s the most important thing. If you have an off day, she will understand.

Thanks Stella! I was like that before, always wanting to show a perfect side of me when I am with my daughter. At the end of it all though it is tiring and not a good practice.

5. the visual traveler says:

That was very honest of you to share your thougnts and experiences. It does help to talk about struggles that we go through. It’s a coping mechanism. It’s also a good way to teach your daughter about life.

6. Rowena Rose Conde says:

I totally agree that it is easy to detach yourself and feel gloomy if you don’t have kids that will be affected. Think the hormones are the culprit. I experience this once in a while with or without reason at all. I let the day pass and go with it all time

7. Jessica says:

Certainly fine! We all have times to stay quiet and down but trying to be okay because of the people around us. I guess sharing it here can already indicate how strong you could be during ‘down’ times.

8. retlyn says:

Im not a mom but I know being a mom is not that easy, you are going to encounter a lot of struggles. We all have flaws and sometimes it’s okay not to be okay. I know your baby is really lucky to have a such an honest, caring & loving mom πŸ™‚

9. Kat says:

I suppose it’s more difficult for mothers such as yourself because being a mom takes 24/7 and you don’t really get a day off, so yeah it’s okay not to be okay. πŸ™‚ We’re just humans after all, and sometimes we get tired, grumpy or just not feel alright for reasons that we ourselves don’t understand.

I’m sure you’re a wonderful mom even with the off-days.

10. Johna says:

You have such a great outlook in life and you deserve a standing ovation! Flaws are what makes us all beautiful Its hard to accept at times but I just always remind myself to love my flaws.

Hi Klaudia! Thank you for saying that. πŸ™‚ She is really a sweetheart and I am lucky to be her mom. Will definitely check out the post you shared.:)

11. Maaya Legaspi says:

What an inspiring post. I remember my mom who’s going through everything but wont let it show to me or to my sister. I really admire strong women who honest with themselves.

I just want to be as transparent as I can to Bunny just so that she knows that mommy is human too. πŸ™‚

12. Nya says:

This is such an encouraging and inspiring post. I couldn’t agree more. No one is perfect, we are all human; and I understand as a mom, you’d want to be your best around your little angel; but believe me, you already are. For embracing your flaws and accepting them as part of your journey. Keep the strength.

13. Nilyn Matugas says:

As a mother, I have to admit that there are times I want to escape – you know, relax, have fun or sleep all day, be away from my son for a little while. But the moment your child is away from your sight – you start missing him/her! So di parin mapalagay. haha. Just yesterday, I was so mad at him because he keeps asking for my milk, he’s using it as a pacifier again, I couldn’t sleep and the time is running, just 2 more hours and I’m back to work graveyard. So I lost my patience and really scolded him. He was crying, I didn’t care. I felt that was the most insensitive me ever since he was born. I feel bad about it, I feel bad about myself. So this is very timely for me. Thanks!