Bunny @ Gymboree

I have been thinking of enrolling Bunny in Playschool for quite some time now. She has playmates here Β at home but they don’t see each other that often. Her Ate Hannah attends school and her Ate Hazel can only go out when Ate Hannah is with her.

gymboree 1

What pushed me to explore trial classes is the fact that Bunny really needs a place to socialize with other kids but at the same time learn through play. This is why I considered Gymboree.

I’ve read plenty of reviews and two playschools stand out, Gymboree and The Little Gym. I already signed up Alex for a trial at The Little Gym this coming week and Gymboree was last Saturday.

gymboree logo

Originally we planned to attend the Play and Learn Class at Sofitel but we ended up doing our trial at Greenbelt. It is more accessible through public transpo and there are a lot of establishments where we can eat first before her class. The PLC class for 16 to 22 month babies was scheduled at 1PM so we first had lunch at Jollibee.

Jollibee really wasn’t our first choice but Bunny started pointing at the Jollibee statue and started blowing kisses his way that we succumbed to her cry for Jollibee.

gymboree 2

We finished our lunch early and we just rested for a bit before leaving for her first class. I have to admit that I was super excited and nervous for her first trial class. I wasn’t sure how she would react to a big playground that she has to share with other babies. I wasn’t sure as well if she will listen to her teacher or if she will just run around!

We got there around 12.45 PM which gave us time to sign up and preview the PLC for younger babies. The trial class was worth Php600 and if we sign up within the week it will be deducted to whatever package we will avail of.

Bunny started playing with the ball outside the play area and the staff blew bubbles her way as well to entertain her while we were waiting.

After the PLC 3 class we were allowed to enter the play area. Note here please bring socks for the guardian or parent who will be in the class with the baby or toddler. We were told that we can do our warm ups by playing around the play area and that we will be called when the class starts.

gymboree 3

gymboree 10

Ah, Bunny started running around and exploring the place. She climbed and then tried the slide over and over again. I had to call her out when she didn’t like to share things and she listened.

gymboree 4

After 15 minutes or so Teacher Gem called us and we started our class.

This was our first time so I didn’t really have any expectations only that it might be similar to what Jane (in Jane The Virgin) does with Matteo with the singing and dancing). Tama naman ako, true enough there was a lot of singing and dancing, but there were also obstacles or relays. It really was fun for the moms and the babies.

First bit was the singing and dancing warm up, and then the play part but with solving skills and what I like about it is that they also teach the toddlers to pack up after playing (Bunny listened and helped teacher pack up the toys partly I think it is because I tell her to do so at home).

gymboree 5

gymboree 6

The last bit was another round of song and dance with tapping, bubbles and lastly with Gymbo the clown.

Bunny liked the tapping and dancing part. She listened closely to teacher when she said tap and freeze and when they were told to clap and stomp.

gymboree 7

gymboree 8

Bunny wasn’t such a fan of big Gymbo but liked little Gymbo. She even started talking to me and teacher when little Gymbo disappeared! The other babies were cute too because they all had different ways of dealing with the missing little Gymbo.

gymboree 9

After the class Bunny wasn’t ready yet to leave so I had to tell her that we will just come back. Teacher Gem gave her a parting gift before we left, a little Gymbo stamp on her arm and told us that goodbye.

Overall I really like the way that the class was structured. Play and Learn is great for little ones and toddlers because they aren’t pushed to do things if they are not comfortable. The tasks are not that hard and they get to partly socialize with other toddlers.

Another plus for me is the attention that the teacher gave to each toddler. She would adjust when she feels like Bunny isn’t comfortable to do a task but play peek-a-boo with her during the singing part.

Lastly the location is great also because it is accessible altough I do hope they have a branch here in Cavite so that it is closer to us.

My final verdict is that it is a good investment for babies and toddlers. Best of course if it will be the parents who will accompany the babies or toddlers and not the help if possible (I really don’t have anything against this but in our class one or two were with their yayas and the attention was split. I noticed that they were checking their phones and I think babies will enjoy it best with mum or dad or a sibling. Simply put it’s a good bonding experience kasi).

If you have spare time do check out their site here and schedule a trial class at the nearest Gymboree school in your area! We might sign up for a month na package first and we will see from there if Bunny likes it a lot.

1. ROBERT LEE says:

Bunny looks so cute and reminds me of my own little ones when we used to bring them to Gymboree. They could run, and fall and it would be alright! Plus having other kids around, sometimes they sort of interact and that helps in social skills early on.

Agree! The play area is safe and really help foster social skills which is our worry because she rarely gets interaction with tots her age.

2. bluedreamer27 says:

I do not have a family yet but If i will have a kid, i will surely bring him here…It was such an ideal place for toddlers and you can clearly see based on the pictures you have shared that the kids are enjoying the activities!

True! The toddlers running around the place were surely making the most out of the session we have there! A good investment really for parents for their kids. πŸ™‚

3. Rowena Rose Conde says:

Nice to know that there’s this place near my place. The classes looks fun and a great venue to have bonding with the little ones. It is also a great venue to let the kids learn to socialize

Yup! Little ones are really well taken care of at Gymboree and I highly commend the teacher for Bunny’s class because she adjusted to each toddler’s temperament.

4. Mirriam says:

I knew it! Gymboree is fantastic. I’ve been suggesting this to my brother and my mum-friends. If I have a kid, I’ll definitely enroll him or her here.

Yay! Thanks for the feedback, we were wondering if it helps talaga for big school so nice to hear that from you! Thanks thanks! πŸ™‚

5. Neri Ann says:

It looks like a great activity for toddlers. We never tried anything like this yet. And I am not sure if it will be smooth with the twins. πŸ™‚

6. Michi says:

There is no Gymboree near our place but my son was able to try their play area, we received (gift) 3 gift certificate during his 1st birthday so natry namin yung sa ATC.

7. Anne Reyes says:

have a brother and 3 toddler cousins and they’ll love it for sure! Thanks for sharing and I agree with you that it’ll be great that they enjoy this with their moms

8. Charm Gamboa says:

As someone working for a family entertainment center, this is really advisable for young kids especially if both parents will go with the child. You can also have play dates with other kids so they’ll be sociable.

Bunny hasn’t have any play dates yet, but I think soon she’ll have once my friend gives birth πŸ™‚

Hi Theresa! Glad to hear that. πŸ™‚ Do try it, wala naman mawawala if you try it when she’s ready na πŸ™‚

9. berlin maynigo says:

Question. Got really curious. You’ve mentioned a PLC class for 16- to 22-month old babies. Is 16 months old the youngest they could accommodate? WOuld want my Yael to experience it as well. IHihi

Yes they have! πŸ™‚ Classes offered are for as young as 0 months nga ata! Try it, I think Baby Yael would love it. πŸ™‚

True, I was tempted to lay down also and roll across the floor. Baka lang pagtawanan ako ng moms kaya I didn’t do it. Haha!

10. Janice says:

Our Ziggy got to try Gymboree thrice. He got to try a free play session at that Greenbelt branch and in Rockwell. He also got to experience a trial class when we were invited to the grand opening of their branch in Nuvali. He LOVES Gymboree and so we’re considering enrolling him in a regular class already to cover the music, arts and PE subjects for his homeschool. πŸ™‚

11. Jaimie felix says:

Deniseee!! hello! Looks like you and Bunny had fun – When my daughter Tammy was on Bunny’s same age, I enrolled her up in Gymboree too. Ang saya and she loved it. Pati ako, I loved it πŸ™‚ hehe.

Hi Jaimie! πŸ™‚ We had sooo much fun. Gymboree was really a great place for her, we will try though Little Gym before deciding which place to enroll her in. πŸ™‚

12. Rachel Arandilla says:

Haha I laughed at the Jollibee comment. Why are kids and babies so enamored with the bee?

Anyway, I have also enrolled my son to Gymboree here in Cebu. I guess it is the best option for interaction before he goes to preschool!

That, I do not know. Maybe he has a bit of bee dust that he sprinkles around sa kids and babies? Haha! I agree, Gymboree helps kids develop skills that will benefit them before they go to preschool. πŸ™‚

Ay nako, she really loves Jollibee. She would talk to him and hug him pa, she even screams when she sees Jollibee kahit sa TV lang. Yup, super pagod but really worth it. πŸ™‚

13. Lady Anne Louise Barrun says:

I relate when you add that Jane the Virgin, I’ve been a fan of that series. Anyway, you just answered my question that’s bothering me for this past few weeks. I’ve been looking for a place where my son can find some playmates and learn as well. Thanks for sharing.

14. Lea Malanum says:

I wish they had places like these here in Baguio where kids could play with other kids and just learn πŸ™‚ I don’t have a child yet, but it would be nice for kids here to have access to something enriching and a place where they could just be kids πŸ™‚

15. Kati Allan-Balayan says:

Bunny looks adorable! I haven’t tried this kind of activity with my 2 older children but I’m seriously considering it with my youngest. Thank you for sharing your experience, now at least I have an idea of what to expect should we decide on it in the future. πŸ™‚