Dear Daughter Pt 8

Dear Daughter,

This Sunday I will be celebrating my 3rd Mother’s Day. The first one was when I was pregnant with you. the second one was last year, and the third one this year. I still have no idea if I am doing well with this motherhood thing, but I know one thing for sure and that is I need you as much, or at times more, than you need me.

I realized this when I read this note from Breastfeeding Mama Talk’s Facebook Page:

13103284_1038966182818465_5691180526367527367_n

At first I thought it was a letter or a note from a baby to her mama, but it was from a mama to her little nursling. This made me tear up and realize that I cannot imagine the day when you won’t welcome me home with big loving eyes looking at me as if saying momma I need my milky. I cannot imagine the day when our bonding activity would not be a thirty minute nursing session. I know that the time will come when you will wean, but not now. I need you, I need the comfort that our nursing session brings, the calm it gives whenever my world at work becomes crazy, the way it reminds me that whatever I do I’m your momma and you need me so.

13015276_10209225556898682_6535080111262649309_n

At times I doubt if you will still need me even after you have weaned off of milky, but your dada repeatedly tells me that it is not true that whatever happens you will still look for momma. My love, I need you as much as you need me, I may not show it at times but I need your embrace to remind me that a simple hug can make everything feel better. I need your tiny kisses to remind me how much you love momma. Even our silly playtime brings so much joy to me because it allows momma to be silly again, to be a child again by seeing things from your perspective. I need you to remind me that what I do matters. I need you because you provide momma the comfort I need whenever I feel down or drained from work.

13094363_10154110981405890_569172161608846788_n

Oh my daughter, you have changed so much in my life and I know that it is not just my life that you have changed, but that of your dada’s as well. You have given more meaning to our lives and we are forever grateful for that. We will forever treasure our memories my love. I will keep this letter short and sweet because I might end up crying and waking you up.

Love,

Momma

1. Michelle says:

πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™ My son’s just turning 1 year old but I also have similar thoughts as you do have, Mommy. They tend to grow up really fast noh? I wish they could slow down a bit naman. Haaay. But let us enjoy our motherhood journey na lang din as much as possible. Always be happy Mommy! Advanced happy Mother’s day! πŸ™‚

2. Coi says:

Awwww that’s so sweet. <3 It made me tear up! Let's cherish these moments we have with our little ones when they're still clingy to us. Hihi πŸ™‚ I don't think I'll be ready when my little one won't be as clingy as she is now. Hehe. Grabe nakaka-iyak talaga when it comes to our babies.

3. Berlin says:

Writing letters to our little darlings, I guess, is a favorite thing of any momma. She loves to put her love into writing and wishes that someday her little one would read it. Its so sweet of you to admit that you need her as much as she needs you. As i reflect, i believe i feel the same way to my boys.

I do love her to the moon and back and everyday I wish that she wouldn’t grow up so fast. πŸ™

Thanks! It really is different when kids grow up but surely there are different bonding activities naman πŸ™‚

4. Janice says:

Awww, I know how you feel. I have daughters ages 14 and 13 now. Time flew by really fast. Just cherish as much of these moments as you can. But know that even when our kids grow up and things change, we can still bond with them, maybe in different ways though.

5. Arlene says:

Welcome to motherhood! That feeling is really, really hard. I got that too, either from weaning or giving away the baby clothes or saying goodbye to the crib or whatever random milestone happens to stab me in the heart. I guess this is the only job in the world where we are signing up for guaranteed heartbreak and our primary duties ultimately revolve around making ourselves obsolete. I feel you Mommy!

I never thought that giving away her clothes will be so hard, but each shirt she wore reminds me of our tiny milestones. Really is rewarding but also heartbreaking to be a mom.

I feel so guilty haha kasi I’m the one trying to wean him already. He’s almost 3 after all. I also sometimes get angry when he’s too clingy. I should appreciate it before they outgrow it.

Totally agree with you. πŸ™‚ Make the most out of it when they are still clingy and when they still need us. Soon they will become more independent from us.

7. Louisa says:

Weaning is a big step for a child but also a little bit of a heartbreak for mom. I guess the positive thing about it is that your child is slowly becoming independent. This is something I focused on teaching my kids.

8. Melisa Sanchez says:

Oh no same feelings here sis, I really feel you. Planning to wean my Zd also this summer but this is heart breaking for me, I hope I can do this or let the right time nalang na kusa syang mag stop. hay! Motherhood.

Best if you let him wean on his own <3 Breastfeeding really is best for babies and toddlers πŸ™‚

9. Nilyn Matugas says:

When I think of weaning him, I feel really sad, my son is 2 now and I plan on weaning him at this age. Pero now, nakakalungkot isipin. Plus I don’t see the need to hurry up on weaning him. Kaya kahit ung iba sinasabi stop na, I still do it! haha.

10. Sriparna says:

I love your letters… I just read thru all of them… it’s so nice to have this and one day, your daughter will read them for herself… sures is really beautiful and your letters explain the bond between the two of you πŸ™‚