I’ve always wanted to bake a cake. Yesterday, while I was watching Emily Owens M.D. I had this crazy idea of creating my own cheesecake. So I looked at different recipes online and finally decided to make my own oreo cheesecake.
For the crust:
1 1/2 cups of oreo crumbs
3 tbsp. butter
For the filling:
3 packs of cream cheese
2 plain yogurt (i couldn’t find sour cream so I opted to use yogurt)
1/4 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp. of salt
14 oreo cookies (crushed)
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine oreo crumbs and melted butter. Mix thoroughly and transfer to a 9 inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar gradually.
- Add the eggs (one egg at a time).
- Add vanilla extract, salt, and flour.
- Mix the crushed oreo (it is up to you if you want big or small chunks of the oreo cookies)
- Bake for 45 mins – 1 hr (temp at 165 degrees celsius)
- Let it cool in the oven after baking before you transfer it in your ref.